To be human is to be curious about the world we live in, to wonder why it is that way, and to ask about our place in it. A fundamental goal for Science education at Trafalgar High School is to stimulate, respond to and nourish such curiosity, wonder and questioning. Science provides us with a view of the world – a view that changes as our knowledge and understanding of Science evolves.
At Trafalgar High School the Science course is designed to:
- develop an understanding of Scientific concepts
- experience the joy of Scientific discovery
- widen students’ critical and creative thinking skills
- expose students to relevant applications of Science in everyday life
- appreciate the significance of Science for the long-term future of our society